Child Health Appointments
At Chelmsford Private GPs, we provide GP consultations for children aged 17 and under at Phoenix Hospital. We are three experienced local GPs – Dr Abeyratna, Dr Graham and Dr Onen.
As mothers ourselves, we know how worrying it can be when our children aren’t well. We are pleased to offer easy to access, convenient, same day appointments to get your child the attention they need.
We cover a huge range of conditions that can affect children and which we commonly see in General Practice. The list below shows the range but is not exhaustive. We also have access to specialist, out-patient consultants if required.
Although we are based in a hospital, we are not an emergency service and cannot provide treatment for severely unwell children who may be having asthma attacks, difficulty in breathing, sepsis or any other life-threatening condition.
Please go directly to A&E or call 111 if you are worried your child is seriously unwell or if they deteriorate whilst awaiting any appointment with us.
Common Paediatric Conditions Covered:
Babies – Newborn to One Year
Reflux, poor feeding, latching problems, faltering growth, skin problems, constipation
Concerns about Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy
Tongue tie referrals
Acute illnesses with infective symptoms such as cough, sore throat, fever, ear pain
Skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, rashes
6-8 week check for mother and baby.
We offer one hour appointment £275 to cover mother and baby. We offer 30 minutes for £150 for just for baby.
For mothers, we offer screening checks for any post-partum problems, blood pressure, breast problems, any issues with vaginal bleeding, mood disturbance and contraception if required.
For the baby, we cover development and reflexes, feeding issues or other concerns, weight, head circumference, top to toe checks for any issues with skin, eyes, heart, lungs, abdomen, hips, spine and genitals. Please remember to bring along the baby’s red book.
Infants to Teenage Years
- Acute illnesses with infective symptoms such as cough, sore throat, fever, ear pain
- Ear, nose and throat problems
- Skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, rashes
- Growth and weight issues, concerns about diet
- Bowel issues such as constipation, diarrhoea, loose stools
- Urinary problems, urinary tract infections and bedwetting
- Genital problems such as thrush and testicular problems
- Intolerances, food and other allergy concerns, Coeliac Disease screening
- Mental health problems such as low mood, anxiety and deliberate self-harm
- Difficulty sleeping or staying asleep.
- Concerns about Autism or ADHD, behavioural concerns
- Musculoskeletal problems
Book a Paediatric Consultation
If you’d like to book an appointment, or would like more advice on the topics covered, please get in touch today.